This course focuses on teaching SMEs how to plan for and operate their business and develop analytical and conceptual skills necessary for the planning and implementation of a new venture. It is a comprehensive course on operating an SME in Africa in today’s dynamic business environment.
Topics include essential management skills, how to prepare a business plan, SME management strategies, financial needs, access to resources and managing your customers.
Upon successful completion of this course, SME will be able to:
- Identify suitable paths to growing their business.
- Understand fundamental principles, generalizations and theories of business expansion.
- Develop a feasibility study of the strengths and weaknesses of the proposed new business opportunity.
- Demonstrate the ability to design, produce and present a detailed written business plan.
- Business Plan: Roadmap to success.
- The competitive advantage of being a SME in Africa today.
- Exploring your market: opportunities, competition and external factors that impact your business.
- Financing: financial needs and how to access resources.
- Effective Customer Service.
|Module 1: Business Management 101|
|Lesson 1: Why the world needs entrepreneurs Details||00:00:00|
|Lesson 2: The Basics of Business Management Details||00:00:00|
|Module 1 Reading Details||00:00:00|
|Module 2: Keeping Track of Business Financials|
|Lesson 1: The importance of keeping financial records Details||00:00:00|
|Lesson 2: Key Concepts in Business Planning Details||00:00:00|
|Lesson 3: Keeping Track of Cash Flows Details||00:00:00|
|Lesson 4: Profit or Loss? Details||00:00:00|
|Lesson 5: The Balanced sheet of your business Details||00:00:00|
|Case Study Readings Details||00:00:00|